About Us And This Policy
agileBase Limited (trading as agileChilli) is registered in England and Wales under company number 08633652 with registered offices at Bristol & Bath Science Park, Dirac Crescent, Emersons Green, Bristol BS16 7FR.
This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices in relation to the use of both the Company’s
- public web sites
- the cloud applications, services, and programs we offer (collectively, the “Services”).
agileChilli is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites and to the organisations and individuals who register to use our Services.
If you have questions or complaints regarding agileChilli’s Privacy Statement or associated practices, please contact us at [email protected]
References In This Policy
Throughout this Policy, references to
- “agileChilli”, “us” or “we” refer to agileBase Limited
- “you” “your” refer to the Visitor, Customer or User submitting information to the Site or to us in respect of the Site, our software products, or the agileBase platform.
- “Data Protection Law” means the law as applicable and binding on either you or agileChilli and/or the provision of the Site, our software and platform:
- in the United Kingdom:
- the Data Protection Act 1998 and any laws or regulations implementing Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive); and/or
- the GDPR, and/or any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations;
- in member states of the European Union: the Data Protection Directive or the GDPR, once applicable, and all relevant member state laws or regulations giving effect to or corresponding with any of them; and
- any Applicable Laws replacing, amending, extending, re-enacting or consolidating any of the above Data Protection Laws from time to time;
- “Personal Data”, “Data Controller” and “Data Processor” and “processing” shall have the meanings given under applicable Data Protection Law.
- “Site” means a website or application with an associated internet domain name
About Us And This Policy
For the purposes of the Data Protection Law, agileChilli is
- a Data Controller where we are marketing and delivering supporting services to you
- a Data Processor if you use our software platform, agileBase and our servers
and are therefore we are responsible for, and control the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with Data Protection Law.
This Privacy Statement covers our information practices, including how we
data for Sites owned by ourselves.
In addition, it also covers areas such as Consent, Your Rights under the GDPR.
Our Services can be used by agileChilli’s customers to create their own Sites which can be either run on our servers or on your own servers.
When Sites are hosted by agileChilli, the Site will link to this Privacy Statement, and this Privacy Statement applies.
When Sites are hosted by third parties, the privacy statement of the third party applies, and this Privacy Statement does not apply.
How we Collect your Personal Data
If you submit an enquiry via one of our Sites or make any enquiry in person or proceed to use our service then we will collect certain Personal Data from you. This Personal Data will include the information that you voluntarily supply to us including your name (first name and last name), email address and contact details but may also include further information that you provide to us.
We may monitor your use of the Site through ‘cookies’ and similar tracking technologies. We may also monitor traffic, location and other data and information about users of the Site. Such data and information, to the extent that you are individually identifiable from it, shall constitute Personal Data. We will process your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
When purchasing Services, agileChilli may also require you to provide the Company with financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, and the number of employees within the organisation that will be using the Services (“Billing Information”). agileChilli may also ask you to provide additional information or source this data from other public sites, such as company annual revenues, number of employees, or industry (“Optional Information”).
When submitting an enquiry, browsing our Site or purchasing Services we will request your consent to use your Personal Data for the purposes that we set out in this Policy.
agileChilli’s Sites may contain links to other 3rd party Sites. The information practices or the content of such other Web sites is governed by the privacy statements of such other Web sites. The Company encourages you to review the privacy statements of other Web sites to understand their information practices.
Legal Basis for Processing your Information
Under Data Protection Law, we may only process your Information if we have a “legal basis” (i.e. a legally permitted reason) for doing so. We will have a legal basis for processing your Information under this Policy if:
- you have given us your consent to process your Personal Data (see below); or
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you have entered into (i.e. we need to process your information in order to provide you with goods, services or media); or
- processing is necessary for taking any preliminary steps that are required before you can enter into such a contract, provided we only do this at your request; or
- processing is necessary to allow us to comply with our legal obligations; or
- processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests (for example your human rights); or
- processing is necessary for us to perform tasks that are of public interest or in the exercise of official authority (if applicable); or
- processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g. delivery and/or improvement of our services), provided that these legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests (for example your human rights).
Our legal basis for processing your Personal Data is:
- your consent (see below).
- to enable us to take the preliminary steps required to allow us to enter into a contract (where you wish to proceed);
- if you purchase our software or platform, that it is necessary for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you;
- the legitimate interest of providing services to our clients through the Site, which requires the processing of your Personal Data to enable us to provide these services to you.
How we Use your Data
We will use information we hold about you for the purposes of:
- providing you with details about us and our products;
- checking the financial qualifications of prospective Customers;
- putting in place a contract with you for the provision of our software and fulfilling our obligations to you pursuant to that contract;
- contacting you in accordance with the contract;
- obtaining instructions from you in respect of providing maintenance and support services in respect of our Services;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of the Site, including inputting information and providing feedback;
- administering, maintaining and improving the Site and/or Services;
- informing you of changes to the Site and our Services;
- planning and host online forums and social networks in which event Attendees may participate;
- complying with our legal obligations.
Cookies, Log Files, IP Addresses, URLs and Other Data
If you have chosen to identify yourself to agileChilli, the Company may place on your browser cookies containing a unique session identifier. These cookies allow the Company to uniquely identify you when you are logged into the Web sites and Services and to process your online transactions and requests.
Some cookies are required to enable you to navigate the Company’s Web sites and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Web sites when using agileChilli Services. Because required cookies are essential to operate the Company’s Web sites and the Services, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
We gather certain information automatically to analyse trends in the aggregate and administer our Web sites and Services. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), device and application identification numbers, your location, your browser type, your Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information, and date/time stamps associated with your usage. Due to Internet communications standards, when you visit or use the Company’s Websites and Services, we automatically receive the URL of the website from which you came and the website to which you go when you leave our Website. This information is used to analyse overall trends, to help us improve our Websites and Services, to track and aggregate non-personal information, and to provide the Websites and Services.
Public forums, refer a contact & customer testimonials
agileChilli may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Company’s Web sites. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. agileChilli is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
agileChilli posts a list of Customers and testimonials on the Company’s Web sites that contain information such as Customer names and titles. agileChilli obtains the consent of each Customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
Disclosing Your Data
- in the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer;
- where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information;
- to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Storing Your Data
In operating our website we will only transfer data that we collect from you for processing and storing to secure data centres in the UK. We will use technical and organisational measures in accordance with good industry practice to safeguard your Personal Data, including the use of data encryption.
We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your Personal Data is treated and stored securely. Unfortunately, the sending of information via the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send to us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Retaining Your Data
agileChilli will retain your Data for at least one year unless required by law to retain it for longer. Depending on the Services plan options, you may be choose for us to retain your data for a longer period.
If required, we will be entitled to hold Personal Data for longer periods in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
You will be required to give consent to the processing of your Personal Data as set out in this Policy. We will seek this consent from you when your account is set up.
If you do not consent to such processing you should not submit any Personal Data through the Site.
If you have previously given consent you may freely withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by notifying us in writing (see below).
If you withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your information (see Legal Basis for Processing your information above), then we will stop processing your Personal Data. If we do have another legal basis for processing your information, then we may continue to do so subject to your legal rights (for which see Your Rights section below).
Please note that if we need to process your Personal Data in order to operate the Site and/or provide our services, and you object or do not consent to us processing your Personal Data, the Site and/or those services may not be available to you.
Correcting and updating your information
agileChilli may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the time in which you have an account to use our Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for agileChilli to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
You may request to review, correct, delete or otherwise modify any of the personal information that you have previously provided to us through the Company’s Web sites and Services. If you have registered for an account with agileChilli, you may generally update your user settings, profile, organization’s settings or event registration by logging into the applicable Website or Service with your username and password and editing your settings or profile. To update your billing information, discontinue your account, and/or request return or deletion of Your Data associated with your account, please contact your account representative or the customer service team for the applicable Service.
Data you Hold About Others
agileChilli’s Customers may electronically submit data or information to the Services for hosting and processing purposes (“Customer Data”). agileChilli will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data except as provided in agileChilli’s Terms and Conditions or as may be required by law. In accordance with agileChilli’s Terms and Conditions, agileChilli may access Customer Data for the purpose of providing the Services or preventing or addressing service or technical problems.
This section sets out your legal rights in respect of any of your Personal Data that we are holding and/or processing. If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, you should put your request in writing to us (using our contact details below) giving us enough information to identify you and respond to your request.
You have the right to request information about Personal Data that we may hold and/or process about you, including: whether or not we are holding and/or processing your Personal Data; the extent of the Personal Data we are holding; and the purposes and extent of the processing.
You have the right to have any inaccurate information we hold about you be corrected and/or updated. If any of the Personal Data that you have provided changes, or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in such Personal Data, please let us know in writing giving us enough information to deal with the change or correction.
You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we delete all Personal Data we hold about you (the ‘right of erasure’). Please note that this right of erasure is not available in all circumstances, for example where we need to retain the Personal Data for legal compliance purposes. If this is the case, we will let you know.
You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data, for example where the Personal Data is inaccurate or where you have objected to the processing.
If you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete such data, please inquire with our customer directly. Because agileChilli personnel have limited ability to access data our customers submit to our Services, if you wish to make your request directly to agileChilli, please provide the name of the agileChilli customer who submitted your data to our Services. We will refer your request to that customer, and will support them as needed in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Changes to this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review and may change it from time to time. If we change this Policy we will post the changes on this page, and place notices on other pages of the Site as applicable, so that you may be aware of the Information we collect and how we use it at all times. You are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of the most recent version this Policy as it will apply each time you access the Site.
agileChilli reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement. agileChilli will provide notification of the material changes to this Privacy Statement through the Company’s Website.
This Policy was last updated on 28th March 2018.
Queries and Contacting us
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]